Are you flying with an Expired Medical

There is much confusion regarding the medical expiration extension.

Basically if you are extending your medical you need to submit an Attestation of Fitness as outlined in the attached link. If your medical has lapsed and you did not complete this form you are flying without a valid medical. If you are confused you can call Transport Canada and they will look up your licence and advise your options.

Not sure how easy it is to get a medical right now I know many doctors are not performing medicals. I just had a medical completed by Evan Franko in Warman.

See a notice from Candace and a link to the official notice below.


Although COPA national has already emailed each member about the declaration, can you please share again. If you or a member has a question, please send them my way. If you hear of any aviation medical examiners now open for initial visits, please send their info my way so I can share with others.

Also, for the avid flight students in your group: Saskatoon TC is now conducting written exams, on a wait list.

Transport Canada has changes to the civil aviation medical examination procedures.

Candace Pardo

COPA Director- Saskatchewan

Cell: 306-621-7181 |

Canadian Owners and Pilots Association


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s